Sunday, April 29, 2012

What a Week!


What a week this has been! 
It started in its usual fashion with a good Sunday, warm weather, preparing and sitting on the deck. Monday we had a huge thunder storm in the afternoon and were still able to sit on the deck for dinner with Mike and Dianne. Tuesday I received an email from Jim. Libba had been put in hospice and he was on his way to Dallas. I was edgy about that all day and then during that night it was ok and I “knew” so wasn’t surprised to receive his email that she had died during the night. He was with her, she was comfortable and at peace. Much to be grateful for. 
Still that now leaves my cousins who remember my birth. And I will miss Libba’s presence in the world. 
Wednesday I sent out invitations to a Cinco de Mayo party on the deck - pot luck. I hope the forecast is right because on Thursday it blew enough to upset the furniture in the yard, rain torrents, snowed like crazy, sometimes horizontal, and was in general a messy, yucky day. 
Then Friday morning we woke to a clear sky and although the temp is going up slowly, it is going up. On Friday afternoon I did something I have never done before and took out my own acupuncture needles and left. I was ready to see my family!! :) 
Friday night we went to Q’s for dinner and then the kids and I went to the park leaving Michelle and Marc to wander on their own and do whatever they wanted. After the park, the kids and I came home and they played and did their thing, Trinity even doing some homework, and I was there and on my computer doing stuff. Michelle and Marc came home in time to tuck them in and then we talked and talked and just were. 
Saturday was a family shopping day. Michelle and I went out for donuts and Starbucks for breakfast while my car was getting the oil changed. The the whole family got ready and we went shopping. I had such fun!! I just can’t have that kind of day up here. We just don’t have the stores. I bought deck pillows at World Market, some red paper goods for the party at the Dollar Store, a new grooming brush for Oso at Petco, and even a new summer weight jacket at Costco. Dianne had told me she had bought one and it is perfect for our early mornings and late evenings on the deck. For summer I bought a lavender. I have enough gray and black and although that might go with more of my clothes, I decided to look like spring and summer. :)
And how could I forget my juicer!!! In Walmart while buying donuts, I found The Juicer I wanted. Electric. Simple. Separates out the pulp if you don’t want it ~ and in varying amounts as well. I had Fresh orange juice with my dinner last night and this morning I have 4 oranges in the fridge and glasses in the freezer so we can both have fresh oj with our waffles. Yay!!! 
I am looking forward to the party Saturday night. I think this will be a good week as all the energy seems high around it. Even Libba’s death took on a quality of peace and grace for me. I am feeling good ~ and three good gym sessions plus some walks in the woods with Oso this last week are helping the weight, shape and of course the lowering of the cholesterol. Blew it yesterday, and that’s ok. One day in a week is better than every day in the week. All in a all a Good week ~ a bit wild and crazy ~ and very good. ~ blessings

1 comment:

MikeC said...

I want to see a blog post on your juicer! Complete with picture and model number.