Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mountain Spring Morning

Just wandered out on the deck and breathed ~ deep lungs full of clear, clean, wet pine air. That aroma takes me right back to my childhood summers in North Carolina. Summers filled with cousins and freedom and running barefoot down dusty roads; watermelon, corn and hand-churned peach ice cream in the cabin yard; following my uncle to his garden or sitting with him in his big chair in the corner listening to the radio. Good memories of good days.


However, that’s not what took me to the deck this morning. I wandered out this morning from a need to feel spring, to break free of the house, if only for a moment, in my fuzzy slippers and robe without wrapping up in any other clothes in order to stay warm. There was a bit of a chill in the air and it is a spring chill, chilly but not cold. And it smells Good. That air makes me feel like Anything is possible. Later in the morning I will don the appropriate shoes and walking clothes and head up the hill with Oso. For now, I am pleased to still feel the cool in my body, the aroma in my nose, and the strength in my soul. Time for a cup of tea.

No comments: