Sunday, April 22, 2012

Should We Be Surprised?


== RE: the Vatican crack down on American nuns. This is a time when we stand with our sisters. It matters not if we are Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical, Pagan, Wiccan, Atheist or un-caring of it all. The time has come to say, “Right on, Sisters!!” We are talking women who have spent a life time in service to the poor and for the cause of justice and they are being scolded for it. I am including a link to an article in the LATimes which sums it up nicely.


http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lopez-nuns-20120422,0,7617042.column


I am truly stunned. Even though not a Catholic, I have always been impressed by the work of the nuns I have known through my ecumenical work. These are strong, powerful, committed caring women and they are being used as scapegoats to take light from the crimes of pedophile priests. Anyway, it is an interesting time and an interesting article. Be sure to read the comments as well as they are mixed and look like they are from men. With blessings to all ~ 

2 comments:

MikeC said...

I am not stunned given the current pope. But I absolutely agree with everything else you say. Catholic nuns are among the most tireless workers for social justice. Thanks for spreading the word.

Tahoe Mom said...

Well, yes. And they are and I thank you for noticing.