Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reflections While Making Soup

Homemade vegetable with fresh vegetables ~ except of course for the baby limas which are a must and which I can only find frozen.

And the macaroni ~ although one day I might like to try homemade pasta.

The soup is cholesterol free. I am doing very well with watching that.


Even with snow on the ground and more expected, the store had fresh corn yesterday. Two ears of kernels, into the pot.

New jar of spice. Take off lid. Inside covered with paper that says, “Remove this food safety seal before using.” OK. Except if I didn’t remove the food safety seal I wouldn’t have been able to use the spice. Oh, well ~ better to be safe than sorry I guess and have someone sue for paper in their soup.

Opened a couple of cans of soup base. Oso is used to cans being opened for him to eat. Oops. Humans use cans sometimes too, darlin’.

Time to take Oso snowshoeing and work up an appetite for this soup.

A nice way to spend some time on a cold Saturday morning. I even put on my apron. Uh, oh ~ the world may end in 2012 after all. :D


2 comments:

MikeC said...

I love your kitchen!

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike - and do you see the island behind me and between me and the fridge? Want to know how many times I slammed into it turning from the stove to the fridge in the first few months I lived here? We have really worked at how to remove it or change its shape and we just haven't figured out how to do it yet. Not without spending a Lot more money than we think it's worth. And I don't slam into it any more. :)