Monday, April 30, 2012

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice


 At the request of a blogger friend who cooks, here is information about my new juicer. It is a Black and Decker (Model CJ630) bought at Walmart for $18.

It is Perfect. Remember I do not want to juice every fruit and vegetable. I did not need the Power Juicer for $99 that looked a little like Darth Vadar. This is what I wanted.



You can use the top to press down the orange and I have found it easier to use my hand so I can feel my way through the process. It has a little switch that allows for the amount of pulp you want.
    

 
I have bought boxes of oranges from Costco - the best oranges we have around here. Four every morning for our juice. One occasionally to add to a drink or iced tea. Yum!!

 The Ultimate test - and the big grin says it all. Best $18 I've spent in a while.

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Thank you! And does it remain stable while you're squeezing? My Cuisinart which I've had for a bunch of years always wants to twist and turn underneath me.

Tahoe Mom said...

Yes! It remains stable. The cone over which the fruit goes changes direction on you occasionally. All you do is release your pressure and it turns the other way. The instructions tell you about this. It evidently helps with the juicing process. This is very different than the whole piece twisting and moving. It is very sturdy. I meant to put this bit in and had so much trouble with the new way of putting in pictures that I forgot all I wanted to write.