Saturday, February 2, 2019

A Silent Time

Several of my FB friends have posted today about silence and that is exactly what we have had in our house today. In a split second we went from a house filled with squeals and laughter and loud voices to Silence. 

Now I have always appreciated silence and all it can mean and be whether while meditating or just being. I also love and appreciate my grandchildren. So today was a day of mixed blessings. 

I miss the little ones: the laughter, even the tears, the demands, the initiative and the pleasure in plans that still pop from Mama Susan’s head (thank goodness) spontaneously in response to a moment’s need. 

And ~ I am very grateful for the silence. Even the gentle drumming of the rain changed to snow which falls silently and no thought of the disturbance it might be creating later. 

In the silence I have read. I have written. I have played games. I have sat and watched the snow and the fire whose crackle was sometimes the only sound in the house. I have been still, hardly aware of my own heart beat as I have lived into the Silence. 


Blessings abound whether in sparkling noise or in blessed silence. 

No comments: