Friday, February 15, 2019

Siberian Winter


When I was a little girl "Peter and the Wolf" was very popular both as a story and as music. My first appearance on stage was as Peter when I was 5. I was hooked. That however is a different story.
Today's story is about pictures that accompanied the record or book. 

The trees in our back yard look like the trees in those drawings, heavy snow hanging on pine branches, grey skies, and lots of Siberian snow for Peter to tramp through in search of the wolf. 
What makes this particular photo so impressive is that at 9 yesterday morning these trees were bare. By 4 yesterday afternoon the build up had begun and this morning they are loaded. I won't be too surprised to see a boy with bird making his way through the trees in search of his duck and the wolf. More likely it will be a cross-country skier or snowshoer enjoying the fresh powder. 

No comments: