Friday, October 5, 2018

There Was a Bear

My neighbor called to tell me a bear had gotten in the front door, pulled stuff from the fridge in the garage and left the fridge door open. I had to take care of that. 

Last night I was really concerned if Dean had closed both garage doors before he left to go camping. I finally let that go. He had. The bear came in the front door - not broken in any way so it must have been left open just a bit. Into the garage. He even opened the back door of my car. I was almost afraid to look. He ate two grapefruit, a Costco smoked salmon, broke a jar of salsa although he didn’t eat that and had a great time with a can of Eagle Brand the remains of which he left up the drive where he also left a Huge Pile of scat!! So grateful for the morning walks. I was up and down the drive to turn on the hose, washed out the garage floor, back up the drive to turn off the hose, down to close up, up to come back in the house. And I was going to be lazy this morning and not take my usual walk. LOL. 

I can’t be too upset with Dean for not being here when it happened because I was away from home (east coast I think) when a bear got in the house and pooped in the shower! At least I didn’t feel like I had to clean up the scat on the drive. Not immediately anyway.

Dean has always said, we don't lock our doors because the only crime we have is bears in the dumpster. I think it is time to start locking the front door. Bears in the dumpster are one thing. Bears in the garage refrigerator eating our food is another entirely. 


No comments: