Sunday, April 3, 2016

Reflections While Woods Walking

Yesterday morning I walked around the house following the vacuum cleaner. This morning I walked around the woods while following Oso. Today’s walk was much more fun. 

We have gone instantaneous from winter to spring. There is no snow left around the house although the mountain peaks in the distance are still snow covered and skiing is still excellent. Oso and I tramped the woods on already drying dirt. New smells enticed his nose and I let my feet follow where his nose led. Occasionally I would stop and enjoy a view of the lake or contemplate the forest shadows. The air was cool enough for a jacket and gloves, but the sun warmed my face when my ramblings took me into its space. 


The air was crisp and clean and it felt good to breathe deeply of spring. 

No comments: