Friday, February 6, 2015

Wind

Wind! No power from about 4:50 until I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I did the usual thing, reached for the lights, caught myself and as I took my hand away, I heard the ping and we had power again. We had cooked breakfast on the propane hot plate. And I realized as I headed for gym that if the power were still off, I would have had to crawl on top of the car to pull the red cord to free the garage door so it could be opened manually. I hadn’t thought of that. I did warn the daughters - Michelle talked to Trinity about the possibility of not having me to visit with. Meredith missed both my texts about power off, power on until after it was all over. 


The wind continues very hard. Oso stays snuggled as close as possible to whichever one of us is near by. I don’t blame him. It makes me nervous too. So far no damage. Just lots of noise. Very dark as if the rain should come. We do need the precipitation so here’s hoping. 

No comments: