Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Sweet Taste of Summer

One of the joys of late summer is when the Concord grapes appear at the Farmers’ Market. To me, they are what grapes are supposed to be because their sweetness and aroma brings back childhood memories of the grape arbor on my family’s property in North Carolina. So - I love Concord grapes. 

I also love peanut butter and jelly and for my childhood anyway, the jelly was grape. It was good, but it wasn’t quite what I remembered or wanted from the arbor. Dean discovered Smuckers Natural Raspberry Jam and it really is very good so he has been eating it on his toast. I was looking for it when I discovered they also had Natural Grape. So I bought a jar. 

Oh my! Concord grapes, straight off the vine. I have had it on toast, on crackers and of course on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! I have had to be careful to keep from eating it by the spoonful right out of the jar. I think I have settled down and can have it in the usual way from now on. No longer obsessed, just glad to have found this delicious addition to my larder. 


No comments: