Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Morning Pleasantries



Sunday morning pleasantries: I always miss Dean when he is out of town. One of things he does at home that I particularly miss is our morning fire. From early fall until summer, he builds a fire almost every morning. So when he is out of town, I miss that. This morning I built the fire. 

It is a grey, snowy day and I knew how I wanted to spend it: in my most comfy clothes, snuggled in my comfy chair under my comfy blanket ~ and in front of my comfy fire. So I built it. I have often built fires but this was Dean’s routine so I have just left it to him. And this morning I Really wanted a fire. So nice. I will keep it going most of the day. 

I am indeed snuggled down in front of it in all that comfort I mentioned and I am very happy. ~ may your day be as happy whether on the ski slope, the beach or in front of your fire


2 comments:

MikeC said...

My day was marvelous. Worship & Communion, shopping at Trader Joe's, In-n-Out for lunch, a lot of productive and creative work done on the computer, and Gumbo for dinner, courtesy of Terry. Still, I almost, almost, might have traded it in for yours.

Tahoe Mom said...

~ and I almost, almost might have traded mine for yours. But neither of us quite - we're just fine where we are. :)