Sunday, January 20, 2013

On Approaching 70, 2

   
My 70th birthday celebration is being spread out over several days. These days will have a lot of family and friends and eating ~ after all, it is a celebration. 
The first meal was with Dean who in a surprise move Saturday at noon suggested going out to lunch for Mexican food at my favorite place, Las Panchitas. I didn't think to bring a camera. Dean had just come off the snow mobile and I was dressed for hanging around the house on a Saturday. Still the impromptu lunch and the delightful afternoon that followed was the start of the week. 

Tonight part of my family came up the hill and we met half way at La Fondue ~ guess what their specialty is? It has almost become a tradition to have my birthday dinner here. So here we are. 




Dean is really having more fun than he looks like. 


First course: cheese fondue. Notice the heart in the center.



Main course: "oil" fondue with lots of goodies to cook in it. This was the grands first time with fondue and they had the Best time. Ate a lot. Told us with great joy about every bite and how good it was. 


Dessert: chocolate fondue and ice cream fondue. This is the ice cream ~ with blazing sauces around the edge.


Dig in, family! 


I told Dean, this was the best birthday present in the world, being able to bring such fun and joy and good eating to my grandchildren. They had Such a good time ~ meaning I did too. Birthday week is under way!



2 comments:

MikeC said...

Happy 70th! I'm only 10 years (and some months) behind you.

Tahoe Mom said...

Keep coming, Mike ~ not sure you will gain on me, but maybe come in a close second! :D