Friday, January 20, 2012

This, That and the Other Thing


~ A childhood friend called last night to tell me his mom had to be moved into a full care facility in the Plaza where she has lived for a while. She is now wheel-chair bound. She does like the nursing staff though and seems happy. She was on my mind So Much recently. Now I know why. She is one of very few people who remember my birth.

~ The pastries for breakfast were so much puffier and larger than usual. Allison told Dean it was because of the moisture in the air. No wonder Southern cooks are so good. I had no idea.

~ I told someone the other day about seeing something in a newspaper I read on line. Then I read that within the decade newspapers were going away. So what will we call them? What do we call them even now? They contain news certainly. And they are Not made of paper anymore. Hmmm? Good question.

~ Went on line to find a sweater I like - and had just bought in December - in another color. The store had many, many sweaters by this brand, and not this one. *sigh* All I wanted was this really nice sweater. Where did it go in the last month? I mean they didn’t even have it in Red anymore!!!

~ Close to the top of really satisfying is a good haircut. This time I had been sick and had not trimmed the edges and was definitely scraggy. Glad to be neat again.

3 comments:

Jim Thompson said...

Coming from a friend who's seen my mother smile when she hands me Susan's letter, I knew the Susan I knew 50+ years ago must have turned into something really special. I found that out yesterday when I talked to her for the first time in so many years. I got the same smile on my face when Susan's answering machine voice was the same as it was when I was 10 years old. Susan's still in the business of putting smiles on faces and I'm still smiling from our catch-up call. Your blog is great, Susan, and your kids are right, it's a special thing to share.

Tahoe Mom said...

Thank you, Jim!!!

Tahoe Mom said...

Thank you, Jim!!!