Monday, January 16, 2012

Morning Meditation

Diana put the Charlie Brown and Snoopy picture on FB this morning: What if today, we were just grateful for everything. That’s what I need to do to lift my spirits. Be grateful for everything.

~ the new snow

~ a walk with Dean

~ tasty, crunchy toasted scones

~ a good night’s sleep

~ Kleenex

~ family

~ my home

~ a choice of clothes

~ a hip replacement so I can decide between gym and walking

~ candles

~ fresh air

~ sunshine

~ shoes that fit

~ friends

~ an early birthday card from Doris Ann

~ the delightful fact that I know Two Camerons with birthdays today

~ writing

~ intelligence

~ books I love

~ and on and on. Instead of griping about how sticky the rack in the toaster oven has become, be grateful for the oven and the surprise gift it was. Hmm ~ now that I have started it is hard to stop because all of life rises up in my mind and I think of all sorts of things ~ from the way I was raised, childhood, not just “my home” but all the little things in it that I enjoy looking at and that bring me delight ~ like my birds, the dancing women, the library, the rooms.


And so a current of power does run through me. The Power of Gratitude. The Blessing of Gratitude. For I am indeed blessed when I open myself to the realization of all for which I am grateful. And all that I love and hold dear. (And as I read again, I realize I have left out the thing that usually starts every list like this I have ever made: clean sheets, indoor plumbing and anesthetics. :D)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I needed that this evening.

Tahoe Mom said...

Csquared ~ you are welcome! Just the other day you helped raise my awareness of something I already know so turn about is definitely fair play. :)