Monday, January 23, 2012

My 69th Birthday Day

I was incredibly self-indulgent today and took pictures of things I did on my 69th birthday. So here goes ~


I woke to a monochromatic day.

I dressed for the gym even though I was not sure if I could get there. Even on birthdays, the dishwasher needed to be emptied.

And then as always, that was followed by a cup of tea in front of Dean’s beautiful fire. I started immediately reading birthday greetings on FB.

Breakfast was a slice of my homemade banana bread.

It took some work on Dean’s part to get the street in front of the house clear enough for me to make it out to gym.

I made it though. And had a really good session considering I am still recovering from that cold.






The birthday greetings kept coming all day and I enjoyed everyone of them.

My new dvds were in the mail . I treated myself to a long Miss Marple mystery throughout the day

Dinner found us at a lovely restaurant we like.


Dean mentioned it was my birthday so my bread pudding came with a candle.

Happy Birthday, Susan!

4 comments:

Jim Thompson said...

Great pictures and you obviously had a wonderful day. As I looked at all the pictures, saw the beautiful and picturesque surroundings, I have to admit, my favorite picture was Dean on the Bobcat. I can't believe he as a Bobcat. I would love one. Oh well, the dessert came in second, then your hard work at the gym. You obviously know how to stay in great shape, keep it up.

Tahoe Mom said...

Heheheheheh - Jim, that bobcat, Ralph by name (no not for my father), is some of the best money we ever spent.

reedna said...

I really love bread pudding - candle or not. I also love that gorgeous snow pic. Don't want it here, but I love it. Glad you had such a nice birthday.

Tahoe Mom said...

reedna ~ you could come visit some time in the winter and get just a taste of it then go home to summer. :D