Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thank you, Marlo!

Professionalism wherever found is a wonderful thing. Yesterday I had occasion to call Apple Customer Service. I had created a book and placed the orders and had heard back from only 2 of the addresses. So I called to make sure the 3rd had gone through. The nice young man, Marlo by name, took care of my request quickly and easily and then (bless him) asked if there was anything else he might do for me. Well, there was. I needed to change my email with Apple which is also my Apple ID. Marlo took me through the whole process. Now you would think that after all these years with Apple I would understand my computer and the whole system better. But I don’t. I learn what I need for the moment’s project and then promptly forget it unless it is something that continues to be used over and over. So Marlo gently, clearly and with no sighing took me through the change of email. I even spoke to his supervisor afterwards because he had been so nice, not in the least condescending and very clear about what I was to do. I know people like me cannot be fun for the Apple consultants. I am sure they much prefer folks who know all the ends and outs and can follow them with leaps and bounds. I am not one of those and I appreciate the Marlos of this world who will walk as patiently with me as they run with the more technically inclined.

No comments: