Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Reflections

~ even when there is no snow, we can take advantage of beautiful weather to take long lovely walks through the woods.

~ “amazing”, one of a number of banned words for 2012. Evidently the folks who write about these things find that the word has been used too much in too many ordinary ways and so have said no to it. I admit to being guilty. When I read that I realized how often I was using the word to describe things that aren’t really amazing at all. Just very interesting or a bit fascinating. However ~ there is one time when I will continue to say “amazing” because I believe it is a perfect description. When I stand at a point and look out over the lake, reflective of the clear blue sky above, pines standing watch around the rim while mountains tower over the distant shore, I shall continue to breathe deeply and whisper “amazing”. Because it is.


It is also awesome and spectacular.


~ if you are reasonable in your eating and keep up some kind of exercise, it is possible to lose a couple of pounds during the holidays. Yep - really is. And that even includes enjoying the homemade fudge that came our way.


~ Family is So Important and I have had a wonderful time, dare I even say amazing time, with mine this season. This year brought more visits with the SoCal side of the clan (Dean’s family) and with mine. I have relished in the delight of grandchildren from 5 months . . .


. . . to 21 years.

I have visited, played games, enjoyed observing and participating. One particular time was the afternoon 2nd Daughter and I just wandered the shops. I had a few things to buy and mostly we just wandered. And as we did, we talked . . . about all sorts of things. As she lives a bit of a gypsy life and I don’t see her often, it was good. We even sat in Starbucks, drank lattes and shared deeply. I am very grateful for the entire Mix/McKay clan and all they mean to me and to us.


~ Southern tradition: eat black-eyed peas for good luck on New Year’s Day ~ except this year I didn’t. oops. So I will continue to believe that energy follows intention and as it is my intention to have a really good year then I will.

All and all, 2012 is off to a good start with intention and energy following a joyous path into the unknown with the power of a good 2011 behind me.