Thursday, January 20, 2011

Little Things Mean a Lot

I was just about to write this post when I found a friend's blog on really bad customer service. We probably should link our blogs as this one has to do with really good customer service.

I gave daughter a coat for Christmas and it was too big. Early one morning I get her email - they have charged her for the coat she was exchanging. I emailed them immediately explaining and went to PT. When I came back I had another email from her - the money was already back in her account. Shortly there was a note from them explaining the mix up. I wrote and said Thank You for good customer service. (She has her coat and it is wonderful she tells me.)

I am now in the follow-up PT gym program. That means, no appointments, I go as often as I want at whatever time suits me and use the machines when they are free. Monday afternoon the phone rang and it was one of the young women who works at the PT office. If I was coming in on Tuesday they were not opening until 9:15. (She knows I like to come early and insurance will not allow us to use the machines unless the Physical Therapists are there.) Now I am not the only one in the gym program. Maybe they were all there on Monday and she told them and I was the only one she had to call. Maybe she called us all. It really doesn't matter. The fact is - she called me and let me know what time I could come in on Tuesday so I didn't have sit and wait. As it is, today was the first day I could come -- and so she looked up their appointment schedule for this morning so I would know when I could start. I thanked her over and over. And I put down the phone smiling.

Good customer service! It doesn't take much - little acts of kindness and generosity that raise the energy of a whole day. We should all try it. ~ with blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And as I said at the end of my blog:
http://csquaredthoughts.typepad.com/thoughts/2011/01/customer-service-or-lack-thereof.html
"all's well that ends well." The new dishwasher works great, in spite of what it took to get there. You and your daughter just had an easier path getting there.

Tahoe Mom said...

:) That's true - and I do appreciate the easier path in these cases.