Friday, June 18, 2010

Learning poker

The grandkids are here. The grandkids Love to play cards. So - the grandkids (one especially) are teaching Mama Susan how to play all sorts of poker: 21, 31, 5 card draw and Texas Hold 'em (the family favorite). It's fun and I enjoy being with the kids - and occasionally bluffing or being bluffed by Carter. I even had beginner's luck on 21! And then we decided to bet - chips only, but a chance to see how it feels.

I don't like how it feels when I lose and see my pile of chips (dominoes because we can't find the chips) diminish. I think that deep inside I am much too competitive to gamble. I just Know I would want to keep playing because "the next hand" would be my lucky one. And if I were winning, I would want to keep playing because "the next hand" would add to my luck. Phew - can't even imagine doing that with money - even a few cents. With Real money - No Way!

Oh I will keep playing with the kids. I may even play with chips and come to who is the "chip leader" as they say. With money - no. From that table I will walk away before even starting. Kenny is right: you gotta know when to fold 'em and I will fold before any money changes hands at all. :) ~ with blessings

1 comment:

Tahoe Mom said...

ElvisKasp, I am glad my blog brings you relaxation and pleasure. Please, keep reading and commenting ~ I have someone to translate for me.