Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home again and other thoughts

We traveled well, safely and uneventfully back to the mountains. We had missed the snow and there had even been two days of sunshine by the time we were home so the snow is melting. It is still quite chilly though.

I have someone who follows my blog and comments occasionally in Chinese. Very interesting and just a tad frustrating because I like to reply to those who comment. At first I thought it was my Chinese friend - and then when I realized it wasn't her, I realized she could translate for me. :D Now I know what is being said, and I can reply with relevance. Communication is a lovely thing.

I have often wondered how ancient peoples came to really understand each other. How did one know that when the other pointed up and said a word that they meant sky and not blue? We have enough trouble communicating and understanding these days when we know languages. It must have been very hard in the beginning of human speech. ~ with blessings

No comments: