Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I have been in and involved in the church all my life . . . and sometimes I am still amazed that it works like Jesus said it would.

Last night I set aside 30 minutes to pray. Intentional time for intentional prayer. Absolutely amazing. My 30 minutes turned into 45 without any sense of time passing. Open to prayer, people, places, issues just arrived to be lifted to God. I didn't pray "for" anything - just raised an awareness of these folks and let them move on. I read some scripture and a hymn appropriate to the night. I prayed a couple of Psalms. I stayed very present, in the moment.

This is not a new process for me. Maybe it was because I was praying with a circle of friends who have been praying like this every Maundy Thursday night through Good Friday afternoon for years. Maybe it was because I was so ready to pray. I don't know. What I know is - this time was special and that every time of prayer can be just this special if I/we will let it be so ~ with blessings

1 comment:

Tahoe Mom said...

Thank you! ~ with blessings