Sunday, April 18, 2010

Going on Retreat

Some of my women's group are going on retreat for three days. We are going to a lovely yoga, meditation facility where we are free to participate or not as the spirit moves us.

Right now I am thinking I will probably hang out, read, visit with my friends when they are around, walk, write and do an occasional crossword. I may change my mind and do some yoga and attend meditations. Or not. One of those definite maybe things.

And - I am looking forward to being - being with my friends - being in a supportive space for whatever I want and need - having someone else cook for me - and just being present. I have bought a very small journal as most of my journal writing is now done on computer - ergo, I need something to write in. I am Not taking my computer. This is time away and the computer and FB and email and even crosswords on line are not getting away as far as I am concerned. So - back to a handwritten journal. I also have a couple of new books - one of which will go along for the ride whether it is ever opened or not.

I will take a cell phone because I use it for a lot more than phone - the ringer will be turned off. And I won't check blogs or emails or anything like that - mainly just the time and be available in case. It is really nice to have the life that allows me to walk away like that. I know that some people don't. And almost all of us can if we just will - and let's face it, this is not for that long. Monday morning through Wednesday afternoon. Not very long to be disconnected. I am looking forward to it for lots of reasons ~ blessings and I will "see" you when I get back

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Relax, enjoy, and refresh! It's been way too long since I've been on retreat.

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike ~ as you can see by today's entry, I am not going . . . and it is a really good choice for me. It occurs to me that although they may not be called retreats, you and Terry do enjoy your times away at B&Bs and on the coast. Those times can be retreats in their own way if not technically what might be termed a retreat. ~ blessings