Monday, April 19, 2010

Disappointment and Reality

I am not going on the retreat. This time was to be my time, to be for me. And if that can be on retreat, it can be at home too. My sciatica is still alive and well, and I do not want to spend a night like last night any where but home.

If you are in a hotel room, on retreat or vacation and get sick, you live with it. When you Know you are not doing well, why go and put yourself through that?

So I am home. I will get some things done of course -- and I will read the books I bought to read on retreat, do the crosswords, do my own meditations and be - in my own space, in my own time, in the comfort I need to get through this thing. And I will get in 2 extra appointments with my chiropractor! :) Yay!

May your choices be for you, helpful to you, and allow you your time ~ with blessings

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Take care, rest, get better. There's much to be said about staying home. We've done that a few times ourselves rather than making a trip.

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike. I've taken it easy today - after all, I'm not here. :)

Thanks, friend from China - I appreciate your comments