Friday, October 30, 2009

All Saints Day


As we look forward to all the little ghouls and goblins ringing our doorbells, may we also give a thought to the historical background to Halloween. All Saints Day. A day to remember those who have died and influenced our lives. Today some of us have even taken on remembering those still with us who have inspired us.

Who are the saints in your life? Who inspired you?

I am thinking about my father, a giant in his own right with wisdom and love. A woman in my childhood church: "Miss Ilene" ~ who taught love and forgiveness. And of course those saints of the world ~ Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. There are lot more on my list and for this year I will remember these amazing folks. May you enjoy your gratitude to all your saints ~ with blessings

No comments: