Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Kitchen Aromas


Ahh the aroma of fall. Yesterday Trinity and I picked apples off the tree in her backyard. Today I am making apple sauce from my share. The whole house has the aroma of fresh cooking apples.

The Farmers' Market this morning was rather sparse and I have frozen corn and tomatoes to use in winter soups. Of course my daughters are reading this and wondering who took over their mom's blog. :D :D

Although not the cook in the family, once in a while I channel my Aunt Lalah and homemade goodies do come forth from my kitchen. This will probably be the best apple sauce I have ever made simply because of the freshness of the apples. A friend told me I didn't have to cook corn and tomatoes to freeze them - just slice and pop in the freezer. That I can do! And the weather tells me the season for soups is close at hand. ~ with blessings

No comments: