Thursday, November 13, 2008

How right-handed am I?


I Think I am right-handed. Have never written with my left hand. Use my right hand for emphasis and for most things. So - basically right-handed . . . until my left wrist is in a brace and my left thumb is Sore. Then I realize how Fortunate I am to have two hands. 

Our refrigerator sits so that I open the door with my right hand, reach in and pick up the milk, the OJ, the butter with my left. Except now I am having to judge if what I am reaching for is too heavy for my left hand. I have discovered I tend to carry in my left hand, balancing the weighted object with my right. Swept the deck this morning and found out that although I maneuver the broom with my right, my left normally works hard as well. *sigh* 

So - gratitude for two hands both of which work hard and help the other. And gratitude for the healing in the left. And special thanks for the "extra" hands that pitch in to lift and pull until both of mine are back. 

Makes me very aware of how fortunate I am that most things in this body are still up and running ~ with tea and blessings

No comments: