Saturday, October 11, 2008

Observations on The Cold

1) There is no "just" to a cold. Next time you are tempted to say, "it is just a cold" - remember there is no "just" to a cold. You are sick. Be gentle with yourself.
2) After a couple of rough days and nights, it is so nice to wake in the middle of the night and realize you have actually been asleep and breathing through Both nostrils!
3) Friends are amazing. I had to postpone lunch with two women this week - I didn't feel like going and they really didn't want me around. Both of them asked what they could do, did I need anything, please call if they could bring me anything or do anything for me. So Special. 
4) We have  a set of deck furniture that comes inside to a window nook in the den for winter. We were going to move it in this weekend before the snow. Yesterday I schlep into the living room and there it is - D has moved it inside by himself and when I thank him, says, "no problem." Bless him. Yes, it is still in the living room and will take two sets of hands to move down to the den. No matter. I will be up to doing that by this afternoon or tomorrow. The important thing is that it was inside when we woke to our first dusting of snow. 
That makes it time for hot tea - blessings ~ 

No comments: