Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I am such a grandmother

This week I had an opportunity to peruse pictures of fifty gorgeous young men - one from each state - with an opportunity to vote for the one I thought the most gorgeous. Now I have always appreciated male beauty and have always been aware it has nothing to do with age - just hormones. I mean there Is Something about a man in a kilt even if he is the 15 year old bell hop at a lovely hotel in Canada. :) 

However, as I made my way through the pictures of these handsome young men I realized I was reacting to them in the same way I had just reacted to my grandson's senior pictures. They are so "grown up" -- yes, they are handsome. And they are So Young. I know I just said they were grown up and that phrase comes from knowing them as boys and seeing the man emerge. All of these lovely young males are emerging men ~ and this grandmother, while appreciative of how handsome they are ~ can still see them as little boys with skinned knees and string in their pockets. I will let the younger women do the voting. I will just grin at how grown up they are. ~ blessings

No comments: