Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Wedding Weekend Begins

We are in Ashland, Oregon for grandson Joshua's wedding. Some how, through our Christmas letter I guess, we discovered that while we are here, so are friends from TCU days, Maury and Linda Williams. They met us this morning at the Luna Cafe' at the Ashland Hills Hotel where Joshua works and where we are staying for the wedding.

What a two and a half hours!! We talked and talked and hugged and 
laughed and told all sorts of old and new stories. It was so great for
my daughters to listen to people who had known their dad and who
could talk about him. Rex had married Maury and Linda 52 years ago. 

We had not seen Marc and David for a while either so when
both sons-in-law came together, Dean began to have good
conversation with them too. 

Michelle had not seen her sister for a over a year. After
greeting each other, they began to listen intently to the 
stories being told around the table. 

What a Wonderful morning! It was also made better by the 
staff who showed me around early, explained the food to me 
(until 11, they have only homemade pastries and yogurt and fruit).
Dean and I are very impressed with the Luna Cafe'. I was so 
pleased that this morning was Exactly what I wanted it to be.
It was a great start to the weekend. 

No comments: