Monday, May 14, 2018

Pride Goeth . . .

Remember that "pride goeth before a fall" business? Well - not sure pride had anything to do with it but that's still how I am feeling.

I was So happy. Spring was here and I was wearing sandals and a short sleeved T shirt, wow. And then it wasn't spring any more and when we had company to dinner Saturday night, I had on heavy socks, heavy jeans, under shirt with heavy long sleeved T with a fleece shirt over them. We had fire in the fire place and ate inside. Spring was here and then it wasn't.

Warm, sunny days had inspired Dean to get the deck ready for summer. He spent almost a week, in bits and pieces, scrubbing, bleaching, cleaning and sealing. The deck looks beautiful. On Saturday, even though it was chilly, we brought up the furniture and set it all out, including cushions in place. And on Saturday night it turned cold so we ate inside and it sprinkled and then it rained almost all day yesterday. The cushions, that stayed dry and clean under the house all winter, are soaked through and will take days of clear skies and sunshine before we can sit on them.

I don't think I was all the prideful and I sure was happy that Spring was finally here. And Spring just told me very clearly that the season includes all sorts of precipitation and temperatures. Ah well - blessings on your day!

No comments: