Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Halloween Coup

It was a great party!!!  Mandy had chili - someone brought mac ’n cheese (which was delicious under the chili), someone brought a cheese and meat platter, and Mandy and the girls had made chocolate chip cookies. Oh - and someone brought lemonade which I was the only one who drank. So grateful. Dave stayed home and gave out candy and I went with the girls and Mandy. The neighborhood was Full of kids and folks with fire pits burning in their driveways, and lots and lots of candy. 


So here was my coup of the evening. Mandy and Dave had set up a large screen with Looney Toons Halloween cartoons (Tom and Jerry) playing. They put out chairs and blankets and let people sit and watch. So I have finished my rotations with the kids and am standing outside when  a couple of teens arrive. I give them candy, they notice the cartoons, I tell them they are welcome to sit and watch. They thank me politely and leave - talk to three more of their friends who are waiting on the sidewalk and come back and take me up on it. They must have stayed for 30 minutes. At one point I took out popcorn, told them a movie needed popcorn but they had to share. They passed around the bowl, ate it all, had a great time and left, thanking us (Mandy was back by then) profusely. I think it made their evening. It certainly made mine.

No comments: