Saturday, October 21, 2017

I Have a Hat!

I have always enjoyed Halloween from dressing up and racing from house to house as a child to sharing that time with my own children. There were a few adult parties over the years for which I was able to throw together some sort of costume. I know I was in theatre and I scrupulously avoided the costume department so I really did improvise at Halloween.

When I moved to Tahoe 16 years ago, Dean told me there would be no children coming by. Hoping he was wrong, I had candy. He was right and we have had no spooky visitors in all that time. I did go to Carson City once with Michelle, Meredith and Trinity and we went out as our own family coven. 

This year I am going to be with grands in Southern California over Halloween and have learned that there is a block party with lots of kids and open houses and visiting neighbors. I have no idea if the adults dress up or not. I am going to. And I have already started planning. 


I have a hat! And it is purple - my color, so coordinating my outfit will be no problem. I am having such fun planning ~ and of course I have to have everything ready to take with us when we travel. You will see the whole outfit on the day but for now know that I am enjoying gathering my costume and becoming a purple witch because I have a hat! 


No comments: