Saturday, November 11, 2017

So Grateful for our Dog!

Well, it was a little bit disconcerting. Oso went on a barking jag about 2 this morning. By the time I woke up, he was in the living room moving across parallel to the deck. Back to the bathroom and finally one last bark and back to bed. There had to have been something on the deck. It wasn’t a bear because his bark was a grounded (all four feet on the ground) baritone. A bear would have elicited a tenor bark and levitation (all 4 feet off the ground). Must have been a raccoon. 


So he went back to sleep and as I was already awake, I decided to go to the bathroom. The bathroom felt chillier than usual. I looked at the door onto the deck and it was open about 9 inches. Something had tried to come in!!! oops. Time to repair that lock. I put a stick on the floor by the frame, kept there so animals won’t open the door but we rarely use it unless we go out of town. Thank you, Oso, Protector and Defender of the realm!!

No comments: