Thursday, July 27, 2017

Travelogue

On the road from Tahoe City to Salt Lake City across stretches of I80 I had never traveled. I took a few pictures along the way ~ and will continue them tomorrow as we head toward Breckenridge CO.


First stop: The Griddle in Winnemucca, NV for lunch. This wedge was so amazing looking that a man from another table came and asked if he could take a picture. That reminded me to take one too as I rarely photograph food. First of all, I have never seen a head of lettuce this big. The wedge was as big as some heads of lettuce I have seen. Grannie Smith apples, caramelized walnuts, tomatoes, bacon with bleu cheese dressing topped with onion crisps. Worth the picture taking!!

I liked this rock formation.

Rain the forecast.

We arrived at the rain and shortly after this, I had to close my eyes
because I could not see the road which meant Dean couldn't either.
He watched the yellow line and the little light posts and promised to
let me know when he could see again.

And then there was sun. The storm did follow us into Salt Lake City
and hit just as we were going to bed. 

Bonneville salt flats. That's salt out there and it just goes on forever.
Some of it was really wet and mushy from previous storms.

After checking into our wonderful airbnb, we had dinner at a small Greek
restaurant about 6 blocks distant. I did remember to take a picture of out
zucchini crisps. We stayed traditional. Dean had salmon and I had spanakopita.
We shared a tiny piece of extra rich baclava. Yum.
We made it through dinner on a patio and stayed dry. The storm hit after
we were back to our lovely B&B.

Sunrise over Salt Lake City. These are views from our room.


We are having a lovely time. Dean is exploring his genealogy at the History Museum and Library; I am writing, reading, and learning about hosting an airbnb. I'll let you know when that happens. Meanwhile ~ blessings on your journeys wherever they take you. 

1 comment:

MikeC said...

And blessings on your journey. Thanks for posting this. You may be rivaling Guy Fieri!