Thursday, August 18, 2016

Random Summer Pictures Continue

Really good friends, Jim and Mary Catherine, came to Tahoe to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Rex, my first husband, and I were in their wedding. They are my daughters' Godparents. They have adopted Dean. 

Among other activities was a picnic on the beach before Shakespeare at Sand Harbor.

We were joined by wandering feathered friend. 

We saved our dessert to eat during intermission. 

The set for Comedy of Errors. 

We went to the Donner museum.

They joined us for the Tahoe/Truckee Fly Fishers barbecue. 
Mary Catherine pitched right in and went to work ~ it is my job
to organize the food lines.

Jim and I had time to visit as he made his way through the crowd.

The lunch line: my usual crew plus Mary Catherine and Aiden,
grandson of friends. It is fun when young people are willing to pitch in and help.

We ended their visit with dinner on the lake.

Dean's halibut.

My crab cakes.

Silly ~ and yes, we were there early enough that the meat-eating bees
were still out and about. We had to cover our plates with napkins between bites.

The moon was rising over the water as we departed after a lovely
evening and a lovely week together. 

No comments: