Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Gift of Silence

This morning we took a long walk through the woods which included The Loop. Now the path we call The Loop wanders through silent, sacred space. Dean moves with the silence of a tracker. Oso of course makes no sound as he sprints up and down the trail. My feet land with less impact and even on the upward slant, my heart slows down and my breathing lessens and I become one with that silent space. The space is inhabited by amazing magical 4th dimensional beings who, although also silent, reveal themselves as blessings for those who move with grace. It is a wonder-full walk to take anytime. On Thanksgiving, it is especially nice as I was both in the moment and aware of so many blessings. Family faces, from both past and present, floated across my memory. Friends drifted by. The very fact of being in those woods, on that path with my love and my dog, brings gratitude beyond measure. May your day be filled with the blessings of life ~ and if perchance you read this from another country, take a moment to be still and be filled with Thanksgiving. 

No comments: