Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Little Break with Tradition

Regular readers of this blog may remember back in late September I prepared a Thanksgiving dinner for the Chinese side of the family who had never eaten a home-cooked American meal. It was delicious and perfect . . . and I laughingly said, "I only do this once a year." Well, I may have laughed but I was right. 
When I issued the invitation for dinner to our neighbors, I included the caveat that we were having lamb. She said, "Wonderful. I will bring salad and vegetables." My goodness. That meant all I had to do was set the table and make dessert. Dean was grilling the lamb. 

Dean lost track of time in the middle of delightful conversation so the outside of the lamb was a little charred as were the asparagus spears. Inside of the chops were perfect and with the cherry sauce on the asparagus, it was delicious. Polenta with pesto, olives, pimento and basil straight from our garden was a delight. 

The salad was a delightful mixture including beets.

I forgot to take a picture of the peach crisp made from fresh frozen peaches from last summer. And most of peach crisps look the same so the picture is from earlier in the year. Served with a dollop of ice cream, it was the perfect end to the non-traditional feast. 
A little break with tradition is good now and then. We had a very happy Thanksgiving and pray you did too. ~ with blessings

No comments: