Thursday, January 23, 2014

On The First Day of My Birthday,


some friends gave to me ~ Lunch! 




It has become a habit with some women friends to gather for lunch occasionally. Usually we go to a restaurant and I had so much fun having them here at Christmas that I decided to do the same for my birthday. Their gift to me was that I didn’t need to cook. That troubled my southern soul, but I stuck to it and provided only the home and the table. 

Lunch included a rich veggie quiche, a beet with goat cheese salad and chicken salad with apples, almonds, and cranberries. Every bite yummy!! Lovely tangy lemon cupcakes finished the meal.




There were also some butterflies included in the gifting - always appreciated by this butterfly lady. 


A delightful time was had by all and I developed a birthday grin that will continue for a while.


No comments: