Saturday, October 12, 2013

I Have This Knack ~


~ of letting Oso out the back door Just as there is someone walking down the trail in the middle of our yard. The other afternoon, it was an 11 year old boy. Oso ran barking up the hill, the boy stopped, I said, “His name is Oso. He’ll be fine if you speak to him.” Very carefully in the approved fashion, he put his hand out, spoke Oso’s name, and by the time I got to the trail, they were fast friends. 

This morning I let him out for his morning run while I was brushing my teeth - planning to join him later. Up the hill he went to where a couple and their two dogs on leash were hiking through the yard. She turned to Oso and said, ‘no’ and bless him, he stopped. I started up the hill with toothpaste still on my lips. They went on and Oso chased bear smells for a while - different than chasing other dog smells - and we both came in and I finished brushing. 

People Very Rarely walk down our trail. Very rarely. And they have a couple of times in the last week. And I just knew it and let Oso out to bark - it is his job after all. 

No comments: