Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Perfect Tool



I wrote in the last blog that if Dean didn't have something, he would figure it out. The other thing is if he doesn't have it, he buys it at a yard sale. 
The rock wall behind me was covered in pine needles. I asked Dean what he was going to do with them. He said that he was going to rake them and he had bought the perfect tool to do so at a yard sale for fifty cents. The rake in my hand is very small - and very flexible. Small enough to rake the garden terraces in the wall and flexible enough to get between the rocks and dig out the pine needles. 
And yes - I am related to my mother. Once in a while, I go to the garden and dig or, in this case, rake. This morning Dean is moving rock with the bobcat, Trinity is sweeping the deck, and I am raking the rock garden with the perfect tool. It's a lovely morning! 

No comments: