Friday, June 21, 2013

New Orleans 7

~ or A Praline in my Pocket!

The Best fried chicken since I walked away from my Aunt Mabel's table for the last time.
Willie Mae's fried chicken and butter beans. My southern soul sang.

Onion rings for breakfast!

A Po-boy for breakfast

Look at the size of that biscuit!!

Black-eye pea fritters with a delicious tomato sauce
at an African restaurant ~ Benechens.

Beef stew over rice and a delicious yeast roll.

Broccoli and chicken over rice with roll.

Boudin rolls with onion rings at Huck Finn's while we waited for ~ 

~ bread pudding souffle'. Oh my.

The quintessential New Orleans praline ~ which I grew up pronouncing pray-line. They pronounce it prah-line. Either way from the Southern Candy Makers they are Wonderful!!

Cafe Beignet's specialty of course - delicious. No one else uses powdered sugar like New Orleans.

Went to Deanie's Seafood for fish. They brought little potatoes instead of bread. 

Fried cat fish - melt in my mouth, lightly battered, absolutely Delicious fried cat fish.

Crab stuffed shrimp. 
I worked on this blog before lunch and was positively drooling by the time the pictures were ready to post. And let's be honest ~ this is the post you were waiting for, right?