Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Oops ~ Face Plant!

Watching Oso run and enjoy the snow, I missed a root sticking up through the snow and down I went. Several layers of gratitude: 1) that snow is soft; 2) that thinking it might snow while we were out I was dressed in water proof gear so stayed dry and warm; 3) for Turtle Fur gloves that Meredith gave me years ago which also kept my hands warm and dry; 4) for gym exercises that are on the floor so I know how to get up easily; and 5) for Dean who kept Oso off me, because guess what? Mom was on the ground, rolling in the snow, and that has to mean she wants to Play!!!


Falls have always scared me and the last one I took banged me up rather badly. This one was easy and although I can feel the muscles reacting to being jerked around, it will be a story to tell with a smile instead of problem. I guess I will have to find a way to roll in the snow with Oso. :)

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Glad you're fine, and glad Oso is getting so comfortable in his new home!

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike. For a skier like Dean, this would be a blip. I will try and roll in the snow with Oso when it is planned and take pictures. :)