Friday, February 17, 2012

Customer Service Professionals

I have never used amazon customer service chat until this morning. And today I used it twice. First time, a simple question answered quickly and easily by Alejandro. Second time, some two hours later, not so simple a question that turned into a problem that turned into some major fix-it adjustments that ended with just plain starting over.


The first two women who came on line were polite, nice, friendly and helpful in that they sent me to the next person. I finally ended up with Christine (and we love Christine just so you know). Christine, where are the two books I ordered this morning for my kindle app? I have emails that say they have been delivered.


And off we went from there. Christine had me try every trick in the book, never losing her patience nor causing me to lose mine. Of course I was trusting that she would eventually find the correct answer. Which she did. I needed to get rid of my kindle app and download a whole new one. I don’t want to buy all those books again, Christine. Not to worry - she would find a way to restore them all.


Whether she did or whether the system just did it, I don’t know and when I downloaded the kindle app, up came all the books including the two ordered this morning that hadn’t appeared before now. Wow!!


I sent all the congratulations her way I could and was grateful when a quick survey popped up in my email. I answered the two applicable questions with 5 stars and then wrote a glowing comment about Christine. It is So Nice when tech professionals are also nice people. I know I have said that here before and I will keep saying it as long as I am fortunate enough to meet people like Christine in the course of trying to solve a rather complicated problem. Thank you!

2 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

I have ALWAYS had good luck with the Amazon customer service people!

Tahoe Mom said...

Nice to know! I have been lucky now with apple, amazon and an amazing in-store employee at a Kohl's in Temecula. Makes things nicer.