Friday, February 3, 2012

Just One of Those Things

When I first moved to Tahoe, Dean explained why he didn’t have a newspaper delivered to the house. We are a resort area. Any news is really about two days old by the time it reaches us. So he read his “papers” on line. And so I began to do the same. Today I read a lot more news sources on line than I did papers. Not sure I know any more than I did then, but the resources are there.


I also play games ~ most of which I also played when reading papers: crosswords, word games, some number games.


So what is my complaint? Advertisements. Oh, not that the news sources have them. I understand the same financial need is there as with the print media. So having ads is ok with me. What I don’t like is the video ad that runs whether I want to watch it or not. My article, game, whatever will “start in 30 seconds” and so I have to sit there while it plays. It is one thing to have the ads available and read if I want to. It is another to be inundated with no choice.


No comments: