Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday's Random Thoughts

Dean called last night and I walked down (literally) about 2 blocks and met them at a Wonderful Italian restaurant. I had the most amazing salad and the best minestrone soup Ever. If Dean had had steak I would have had a bite. As it was, I wasn’t comfortable asking Tom for a bite of his. That’s ok. They had wonderful bread and forgot to bring it to our table. I would love to have had some bread with my salad and soup and I am sure I slept better last night without it.


I was stiff this morning and didn’t really want to get up ~ but did since all I had to do was slip into my gym clothes and go to breakfast with Dean.


Went to the gym, feeling more comfortable today. Had to borrow a man’s height to get one machine back where I use it. Otherwise I didn’t bother anyone and I felt much more at ease.


Everyone has their opinion about what I should be doing with my time in SF. Tom wants me to really sightsee and go places and walk across the Golden Gate bridge. That’s is something really neat to do and frankly I would like to do that with Dean. Dean wants me to go to the Apple store and take as many courses as I can. Have to be sure I do what I want to do - too old to have to please others around something as ephemeral as a visit to a city.


== nothing is ever easy even with a Mac. I finally had to call then had to go on line, change my profile so that my store was listed as SF instead of Reno and when I go home will have to do that again. *sigh* - Really Big *sigh*.


lovely lunch. There is a little cafe called Persimmon just down the street - less than 1/2 block. Tom mentioned it as we were coming up last night altho I don’t remember if he was being sarcastic or not. I checked it out for lunch, liked what I saw on the outside menu and had lunch: spanakopita (sp?) with yogurt and minestrone - not as good as last night and light and easy to eat and then for dessert baklava - oh Yum!!! Blessings on San Francisco. :D


Wonderful session at the Apple store. I ended up taking on a personal project and learning how to create a book. Chose Megan as my subject, created a book of some pictures from birth including mostly times in Tahoe. I actually bought it and they will send it to me and I will take it to Megan when we go to meet Emily. Fun stuff. Like Dean says, I am dangerous. It cost less than $20 to have the book printed and bound and shipped. Nice. Now I need to create another one while I still remember how to do it.


Home early which is nice. Time to rest a bit, show Dean my book, and take it easy. These guys are having long, hard and amazingly productive days. Dean's tired as am I. Early bed time I think. It's a good trip so far.

No comments: