Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Moving Saga

Home at last. I left them to it about 11:30 and came home to a big homemade burger. Dean had even gone to the store. It has been four days that felt like a month of intense and continual physical labor. And when I wasn’t packing boxes or playing with the kids I felt like I was slacking off. Finally this morning Michelle and I just stood in an already empty living room and laughed and hugged and said, “No More Guilt”. She was feeling guilty that I had had to do as much as I did. I was feeling guilty I had done as little as I did. Now we are fine.


I was very pleased with the crew of friends that showed up at 9 this morning. They had three dads and teenage sons, one man on his own, one mom and teenage daughter, Michelle, me and Akira and Trinity. And everyone of us was working, working. The two youngest ones were amazing. They would do anything asked of them and there was plenty they could do. I finished packing the kitchen, made several runs to the new place with sheets to put in the laundry and things from the fridge and freezer. Akira went with me as did Peggy and we got a lot done. I left Peggy in charge of continuing the laundry.


By the time I called Michelle to say I had made it home, the truck was being loaded a second time and everyone was going to stop and eat pizza. They have until the 5th to be out so they will come back evenings next week and clean and get the very last of the things. Phew. Dean and I are both enjoying the quiet of our deck and forest. Grateful for family and for space.

No comments: