Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I am missing having a dog. I continue to miss Tessie ~ and the other dogs we have had. And . . . I miss having a dog. I read the rescue stories of amazing animals. I am by myself in the house and would like ears to skritch or another soul to converse with. Dean is going to be gone for several days and I think how nice it would be to have a companion.


Then my neighbor calls and suggests a day trip off the mountain. Almost without thinking I say, sure - let’s go. The only thing waiting for me is the laundry and that will wait patiently until the next day. I am going with no qualms, no worries, no one else to care for or wonder about. I can simply go and enjoy myself for a day of whatever it is. She may have an agenda. At this point I don’t, although who knows what may turn up. We can stay as long or as short as we like. If one of us suggests a later arrival home time, I am free to agree or not based on me. And it would be very nice to have a wagging tail greeting me when I return. It is a dilemma. ~ with blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without going into detail, Terry and I have had both "with pet" and "without pet" times, and I think that we both agree the "with pet" times are by far preferable.

Tahoe Mom said...

That's what I am learning, Mike. And . . . I am finding there are more considerations this time. We'll see. The one thing Dean and I have promised ourselves is no one give us a dog ~ we get to choose time and animal, and we will choose together. That decision comes from our life experiences. :)