Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday reflections ~ 2



No doubt about it: the internet and being connected is part of our existence. We were without internet connection through our airport wireless for several days. If it were urgent, we could go to the office and get on the ethernet -- and no one felt what they wanted to do was that "urgent" - even the folks playing WoW. And I have Missed you! I haven't checked in with my daughter's blog ~ and her wonderful readers who comment. I knew I was getting at least a Few emails. The same daughter and I IM occasionally ~ and almost every afternoon I IM with a friend in Cardiff Wales. I missed all of that -- never mind playing crosswords and reading the news. 

On the other hand: we had 10 people in the house and I loved being "Mama Susan", reading and reading and reading; helping make and ice (oh, the icing) cookies; and during the day going outside and sliding down the tubing run. (the above picture)

Daughter continued to cook. Son arrived and did dishes every night he was here and . . . And, taught his 11 year old son how to do the same. 

Games of all sorts were brought out and cards and dominoes arrived from family history and taught to the next generation. 

It was a lovely, delightful and wonderful holiday ~ and today all the decorations were taken down and put away for another year. I cried a little, I smiled a little. I remembered the grandkids helping me decorate. I thought about all those ornaments, and their history, and laid them gently into their boxes. ~ blessings in the new year

No comments: