Wednesday, January 31, 2018

There Are Advantages . . .

It is nice to be known. I sometimes complain that Tahoe City is so small. I would like to be able to go to some place simple like Target or Home Depot without having to drive an hour. On the other hand, in a small town, you get to be known. 


The woman at the dog food store remembered my sciatica and carried the big bag to the car for me even though my leg is fine now. At the Post Office, I commented on the sign that said I needed an appointment to renew my passport. “How do I do that?” I asked. “Oh, I’ll do it now for you.” And then when I realized I had left my PO key in the car, he said he would get my mail for me. Went to the pharmacy and although I didn’t need anything from the pharmacist, he waved at me as I walked by. Even in the grocery store, the check out clerk and I recognized each other and chatted as I went through. Like I said, it’s nice to be known. 

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Kinda like that here. It’s nice.

Tahoe Mom said...

It is. And I'd still like to have those stores closer. Ha!